Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On Sunday evening, Kyle and I were planning to go out to dinner. He had made reservations at Le Soir, which I had never been to. He was ready first (shocker) and took care of Indy while I was getting ready. I called him in to look at how I was dressed - I was feeling funny about the dress because I hadn't worn it much and wasn't sure I liked how it was styled. He seemed to agree...said something was missing. He had me turn around, then when I turned back he got on one knee and pulled out a ring box.

"Are you sure you want to marry me?"

We've asked each other this question repeatedly for the last few months, mostly joking, often in response to one of us getting snippy with the other. This was the best time. Thankfully, I didn't mess up my eye makeup.

The ring in the box is a beautiful art deco piece. What seals it for me - it was his great-grandmothers. She was married in 1924, the year my grandmother was married. Her daughter, Kyle's maternal grandmother, was born two years later. Despite the lady having very tiny hands, her 4.5 sized ring fits my left hand perfectly.

We had a lovely dinner at the restaurant, which is intimate and lovely. The food and wine were delicious, the atmosphere was comfortable and the service was divine. We left phones in the car and specifically waited until dinner was over before I sent the picture of the ring on my hand to my mom, sister, aunt and his mother. Phone calls ensued. Changed Facebook status led to more phone calls and text messages, as well as a flurry of FB congrats and emails.

So basically...I'm engaged!


2 comments: