Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Weekend

Had a really awesome weekend. Several people met up for dinner on Friday night at Peaches HotHouse, a great soul food restaurant in Brooklyn (that just looks weird, but it's totally true!). It was a lot of fun after all the construction work and craziness.

Speaking of the construction - the house look amazing. My dad is truly a master at what he does and my uncle is in his class. The relater was impressed and the house should be listed in a week. Even at earliest possible sale date, I would have until about the end of September to worry about my next living arrangement, but we're just going with it at this point.

Saturday we did P90X yoga (exhausting) and Karina and I went to the Brew for tea and sushi for dinner. Today I had guests to the house for dinner and cooked turkey with gravy, masked potatoes and green beans. For desert we did peaches with cream and tea. Yummy, if I do say so myself. We watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers in my continuing efforts to build Chris' ever-expanding musical repertoire, since I converted him from "I hate musicals" to something quite the opposite.

So overall, it was a good weekend. Not as much got done as I had hoped, but I got everything done that I needed to so I feel good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment