Saturday, May 28, 2011

School and Vacation

Happy news to report - I got an A in everything except Calculus, which I'm not surprised about. But I passed Calc 2 and sine I don't need to take Calc 3, I 'm not overly worried. Huzzah!

I had a bit of a scare when I looked at my grades and saw my Incomplete from last semester was an F. That was 2 out of the 3 papers I had to write last week. I logically assured myself that all Incompletes are changed to an F once the evaluation period is over and that Dr. G just hadn't gotten my grades in yet, but I emailed her anyway. I then proceeded to wake up at 3 in the morning having nightmares about my life falling apart because of an F. Thankfully, she emailed me the next day and assured me it was just the grade change being slow and that I had an A. Whew! She also complimented my writing, which made me happy.

So now I'm in Florida for the weekend enjoying the hospitality of two of our favorite people. We went to a nice dinner last night and there was definitely a moment of "It's so nice to be surrounded by grownups!" I wish they lived closer, but I'm doomed to like people who don't live near me.

Things are good. My externship begins after the holiday and I'm looking forward to starting (and completing) that. There will be two papers in the process, but one is due August 1st and the other not until Fall starts. I've got a house remodel and a move-in/decorate process to handle, but otherwise it will be a low key summer.

And I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to having you here this summer! I want to spend more time with you. Congrats on your grades, you are going to do amazing works, I just know it!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete