Saturday, August 18, 2012

Arizona Resident

Isn't the desert beautiful?
I am now an Arizona resident. I've been here a week and I have a driver's license that says so. It also doesn't expire until 2047. Woohoo.

The trip was fine, though exhausting. It got above 100 twice on our trip, and Indy and I had an agreement that when it got above 100, the window would be rolled up and the AC would come on. Blessed AC. We got a later start than we wanted because my tires were being cranky and my dad was (understandably) reluctant to let me traipse into the desert without good tires. Once they were fixed, we were on the road. We pulled in a little after midnight, in desperate need of a shower and bed. And never had a shower been so lovely.

Since then, we've gotten settled in the new house. Indy and Fray, the resident dog, get along well. He gets along less well with the cats...or I should say they don't get along well with him. He wants to be friends - they hide. But they've got a few months to adjust before Indy becomes a full time resident in their home, so hopefully it will be generally painless.

I'm starting to check services off the list. I have found a good local coffee place and a cobbler. I'm undecided on the salon I went to, so we'll see on that. The locals have been very good at providing suggestions for other services, so I'll be checking into those over the next few weeks. Priority number one is getting classes sorted since they start next Thursday.

But all told, it's been pretty good. I feel comfortable here and it's an easy fit. Hopefully, this will be my last major move for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment