Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Glamour Dos and Don'ts, 5 Years Later

I've been slowly-yet-surely purging my Glamour collection. Today I was reading through the January 2007 issue. The first thing I noticed (other than the stunning Christina Aguilera cover above) is that I think of 2007 as a "couple" of years ago, not 5. My brain hasn't adjusted.

Anyway, the issue includes 50 Dos and Don'ts from 2006. I realized while reading that a gerat way to identify which fashion items are going to last the test of time is to look back. So, a few items of note from 2007:

50. Black Nail Polish is a Do!
35 and 36. Red nails and lips are a Do...and have been for ages.
27. Sweaterdress over leggings - still a Do!
27. Hip-length sweaters over leggings - still a Don't!
22. Belting the natural waist is a classic Do.
19. Platform heels - a Do especially for us shorties.
18. Bangles - always a pretty-on-the-wrist Do.
2. Crocs are an ugly Don't (unless you're gardening, in which case they are acceptable)

No comments:

Post a Comment